IT Certification Courses

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by nikhitakalibhat, Nov 26, 2014.

1. nikhitakalibhat

nikhitakalibhat New Member

What IT Certification courses are most useful in the industry?

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

What area of IT do you want to go into/are you in?

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. nikhitakalibhat

nikhitakalibhat New Member

I'm looking to enter into the Network Systems or Open Systems domain

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

First of all I would point you to my top two pinned posts, secondly I have to tell you that certification ISN'T there to get you an introduction to the industry, it's there to prove your existing abilities, you can't use certs to bypass the experience part of the whole working thing and expect to succeed.

My suggestion is to get a job in industry (usually a support role), gain the experience and move in to the roles you're after rather than trying to jump start by gaining a cert and failing big when you can't do the basics and get fired (having seen it in the past it's not helpful having certs and no experience).

Please understand that I am not trying to be difficult here, experience is what's needed to get in to the IT industry, not certifications.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    DistrictQ likes this.
  5. Poonam

Poonam New Member

ITIL, formerly known as the Information Technology Infrastructure Library, is a set of practices for IT service management (ITSM) that focuses on aligning IT services with the needs of business.