isit normal to at times think "F this"

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

Don't want to sound cold but really nearly any industry can be dull/stressful/dead end/soul destroying. Find 1 chef who loves his job and 50 who hate it with passion. Depends on the job... That's why you should move on to better ones. Grass is always greener but a right move can change your life around.

Few years ago I was looking for a second line job in another city and it was pretty depressing - had a few interviews out of many many applications and most of them were shite. Literally after the interview I knew I would not be happy there. I got lucky then - only place that I felt seemed ok actually offered me the job and ended up being very good career-wise. Tbh my first few years in IT I was on job boards almost everyday - once I didn't need to look elsewhere was so much relief!

I found quite a few people working on the helpdesk unhappy and miserable. What you describe MasterDelgado seems pretty usual - it boils down to how you handle it. Users and their behavior can't be taken personally - ever. Go somewhere where you would work in a team - it always helps to have others in the same boat and usually even in crappy places with toxic relations there's at least one tech you can learn from both technically and personally.

2. Jackfh

Jackfh New Member

I usually try to find things that make me more interested or go around the site, touching base with people I've know for years and shooting the breeze a bit, not about work stuff, trying to nourish the more human part of the job as it were. When it gets bad, I think, 'they're paying me enough to support the lifestyle I have' and focus on that external stuff. Definitely a cyclical thing though.

Certifications: A+, Net+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Net+ refresh
  3. Jackfh

Jackfh New Member

I usually try to find things that make me more interested or go around the site, touching base with people I've know for years and shooting the breeze a bit, not about work stuff, trying to nourish the more human part of the job as it were. When it gets bad, I think, 'they're paying me enough to support the lifestyle I have' and focus on that external stuff. Definitely a cyclical thing though.

Certifications: A+, Net+, ITIL Foundations
    WIP: Net+ refresh