Is there such a thing as a "gutted pass"?

Discussion in 'Network Infrastructure' started by algorithm&blues, May 9, 2012.

1. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

Haha, I passed 70-293 this morning with 742. Which I should be absolutely chuffed with, as at the end of the day - scores are unimportant. I'm now just 2 exams away from the MCSE.

But as I reviewed the answers at the end of the exam I was pretty sure I'd be looking at around a 900-950, based on how I scored in my other exams.

I don't know.. maybe I'm being stupid! Haha. Anyone else had this?

2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

**Moved to Network Infrastructure forum **

A pass is a pass at the end of the day. You don't get anything extra for a higher score than the next man. If its your pride beating you up then make sure you go over your weak areas to fill those gaps, that might take away the niggle. :)

Congratz on the pass anyway. :)

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Congrats :D

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Congrats AB :)

I would say there is a gutted pass - I've done similar, passed but not like I'd like to have done - at least you nailed it!

This is my next one - hopefully within the next month!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  5. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Personally from a qualification or exam point of view, I would say that there is no "gutted pass". There's a fail and there's a pass, it doesn't matter if you scored 700 or 1000.

However from a personal point of view, it would be down to the individual and the effects a score has on that individual and what that individual does with it.

I've passed exams in the 900's, I've passed on the dot, I've failed exams by a couple of points and I've failed exams in the 500's... So it (the individual scores) has less of an effect on me than a pass/fail report :)

One thing I would say is don't compare scores between the different exams, as questions come from a pool of question, you may get a set of "easy" questions on one exam, but a set of "tricky" or "hard" questions on another.

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  6. algorithm&blues

algorithm&blues Nibble Poster

You're all right guys. I've had a couple of days, already starting revising for the AD exam - well happy with the situation now.

7. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I passed the XP client exam with 700! And I've used and played with XP for what seems decades. It was my first ever IT cert so naturally its on CF somewhere ha ha Pass is a pass, you know enough, you can never know it all mate. Congrats

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs