Is there much part time work about ?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by willt, Oct 18, 2008.

1. willt

willt New Member

Hi All

I've completed A+ and N+ and I'm now working on msdst. I have no practical experience in IT, just on the sales side.

I know I'm going to have to take a big drop in pay to get a first role, but was wondering if I could do some part time / out of normal office hours work to get some experience and then hopefully get a slightly higher salary when I try to got full time.

I haven't seen any part time jobs advertised, Do they exist or am I looking in the wrong place. Hoping for something evening / weekends if possible so that I could keep the sales job going for a bit longer.

Thanks

2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

could try asking around your local computer shops

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Have you considered volunteering?

WIP: A+
  4. damo101

damo101 Byte Poster

How about an internet cafe - they're open late and at weekends so you could might be able to get hours that'll suit what ever commitments you have. Any I have worked in tended to penny pinching affairs, and the bosses loved having someone willing to fix stuff rather than shelling out for an engineers. Loads of hot foreign chicks tend to frequent internet places too!!

Certifications: ITIL Foundation and Practitioner (S&R)
    WIP: OU Cert in Web Design
  5. willt

willt New Member

Thanks for the tips, I've emailed a few charaties with local offices and going to do a bit of door knocking on some local repair shops & internet cafes at the weekend.