Is there anything more frustrating.....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Jaron78, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

Than being called "IT Guy" when your walking through an office. It REALLY winds me up. So much so, that I have started to either A: Ignore the person in question, Or B: Respond with Morning Finance Person (for example) and carry on walking.

Or "People" in the office standing up and going "Oi, Oi IT Guy". I actually want to punch those people repeatedly in the face whilst saying "Learn some Manners".

Maybe its just me? Ha Ha

2. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Business, Marketing, Sales and Finance types generally think they are better than everyone else.

3. Ce127

Ce127 Nibble Poster

Do you mean people referring to you as "IT Guy" in place of your name? Or people asking "Are you the I.T guy?"

During a hectic day the other day I had a customer, middle aged woman who is not too good with computers, repeatedly prodding my shoulder whilst I was trying to fix her problem, saying "Make it so....Make it so...Do your magic, fix it Mr I.T Man, hehehehehehehehe".
    Is it meant to be endearing?! Apparently I need a sign that says "Unless you are family or friends, DON'T F###ING TOUCH ME!"

Certifications: A+, MCSA: Windows 7, 70-640, 70-642
    WIP: 70-646
  4. Jaron78

Jaron78 Gigabyte Poster Forum Leader

See I don't mind people asking "Are you the IT Guy". I know people are new to the company and are generally "ignorant" in the whole of what IT entails.

What annoys me is people who have been here a while, and cant be bothered to learn your name.

5. Vince Polston

Vince Polston Nibble Poster

Yeah. I don't mind being called "the IT guy", but guess I don't run into that much. I don't work for a large office. We're the consultant and they call us to come to the office. I guess that makes a difference?

6. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

You get used to it after a while.

I used to find different routes to server rooms back in the day so I didn’t have to walk through a busy office. :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    Vince Polston likes this.
  7. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

We get referred to as 'techies' in emails, that winds me up. Also if something goes on that isn't anything to do with teaching, it gets passed to us. The electrics, students attendance or any other thing they cant be bothered thinking about really ha h a

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680