Is PC gaming dying?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Cockles, May 28, 2008.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

Hah, I would expect Bin Laden to say how much he enjoys watching Friends before that happens my man :biggrin

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

I'm sure mass murderer's can enjoy a good sitcom along with the rest of us. Friends was quite well written for the most part. :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Just thought I would bring this thread back from the dead with a few observations from this weekend

My mate stopped off at the Tesco Extra on the A3 to pick up some supplies and a game or two for the weekends LAN festivities, unfortunatly they had only one copy of Kanes Wrath
    just 1!
    plenty of games for Xbox and Playstation that the kiddies can nag there mums about, but just a handful of (mostly crap) pc games

he called and gave me the message
    I hit up ea.com to see if they did digital distribution, oooo they did! purchased the game with a few clicks (even paid via paypal) and by the time he got here the game was 20% away from completing

by the time he installed the game mine was done too, and we hit up some scrin mofos!

Digital distribution sure isn't for everyone, but for people who understand the internet, and pc gaming, it's an awesome way to get what you want, when you want it! the nearest shop that actually stocks more than 3 games would be about 45 mins either way (to Croydon or the west end)
    Only bad thing about digital distribution at the moment is you often pay RRP, you can get around RRP paying online at places like amazon and play, oh well it will come!

Later that same evening (me being so stoked by having my game delivered to me via IP) my mate told me that Mass Effect was awesome (he played it on the Xbox) so i bought that too, it was a bit larger but I was just heading off to bed, come 8am and the 7.2GB download was done and installed, and what an awesome game it is! :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0