iphone stuff

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zxspectrum, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Metalstar

Metalstar Kilobyte Poster

Agree with you there Gingerdave, 45 sounds much more reasonable. Being a tech, I expect you make good use of it though, the folks I know pretty much wanted it as a fancy phone and barely use the app store/web despite my best efforts, which seems a shame to me.

I think I have become overly resistant to them due to some people in the office here repeatedly asking why we don't have them yet! :x

Certifications: A+
    WIP: Network+
  2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

I could see how that would get annoying. Very quickly. Tell them as soon as they find the £400+ per phone to provide people with them!

I have had mine for about 6 weeks now have 30 apps (not all games I promise, but I do Halve Wolfenstien 3d which beats the hell out of snake) it checks both my hotmail and my gmail, the address book and contacts integrate with my mac and all round I think it is the best hand set I have ever owned. If only the battery life was longer.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

I think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages for the iPhone not just being an iPhone user. Granted there is a lack of some features, but thats the way apple likes it, so when they can keep doing incremental updates of firmware to bring new features that people actually really want out a phone and more people get one so they increase there market share :D like copy and paste, I'm sure that could have been included when it first came out. It's the ability of what the iPhone can do that I like, I mean there not a lot of phones you VNC from.

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
  4. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

what app do you use for hotmail access?

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  5. Sco0t

Sco0t Byte Poster

Certifications: Bsc Net/Sys Support, HND Tech Support
  6. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

Nice, never knew this!!

thanks!!

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  7. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

Indeed it is true. They supported pop3 for a while if you used outlook to collect your hotmail, they disabled it for all but those users about 3 years ago and then enabled it again for phone use. so the app I use it mail!

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012