Invalid Username and Password...

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Nov 11, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

today I am not happy...I couldnt get onto my ADSL last nite...I kept getting error 691 (invalid username and password) done all I know I could do...power cycle, re-made connection, input IP address and DNS servers, reinstalled drivers for modem, but nothing. worse still my ISP's helpdesk is closed and the only other way of contacting them is via the web...so onto dial up I went...went to the site and the service status was showing green. so all ok there. so I sent them a nice email to say whats happening. I got a reply this morning, first one saying that I needed to get rid of the connection and make another one and not use the IPs and DNS...then the 2nd hit the jackpot, they said the service had been temp suspended due to payment not being made...my fianceé went mad so rang them this morning, and I just got a text from her now to say we are back...after she went mad to them of course..isnt it nice when you have a woman around for these things...so will go home and check...

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My current dial-up limits the number of minutes you can be online per month. I didn't discover this until I got an authentication error once day. Naturally, it when I was on a writing project and was using the Internet very heavily for research. Once you run out of time, the ISP prevents you from authenticating until the first of the next month.

Fortunately in my case, that was only the next day, but I was pretty miffed. Now I am more careful. Happily, I am switching to DSL. Service should be turned on tonight after 5.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

did you go with the Quest stuff trip?

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Velocitus. They support SMTP, POP3, and IMAP so I don't have to use webmail. Exactly the same price and so far, support has been excellent. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  5. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hmmm, NoelG - could an ISP possibly be as cynical as to blame your billing for their downtime...:ohmy Guess we'll never know, eh 8)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  6. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

cool trip what sort of bw you getting?
    512/128? i was using 1.5m/896

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

OI ! For once, I defend NoelG's right NOT to have his post hijacked...or are you lot having a laugh...?

[​IMG]

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  8. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

Jak...I have no idea...but it seems they messed up big time...Lou had a real go at them today...they said they would her ring her by 12pm...she rang them at 1pm and they got us back on there and then...why they took so long I will never know...then she explained how we have not received any information about this in the first place and why this was the case...they apologised and said that from now on we will be notified of whats happening with the payment...dont get me wrong the connection and speed is great but sometimes the service can be cr&p...but at least its sorted now...

EDIT: thats what I call support...thanks Jak :D

9. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

you wont believe but my ISP have really taken it too far...remember how I said we got our connection suspended cos payment wasnt made? well it turns out they havent been taking any money from us since we signed up back in April 2004! :eek: Lou was not impressed when she got 7 yes 7 emails from our ISP saying Thank you for your payment of £25.99 on April 11th 2004 and each month after that upto November...so what the hell what we paying? I thought they had her bank details in the first place? can anyone please explain this damning fiasco? I feel like ringing them myself and really kicking off! :mad: