Introduction of Gothisbttrfli

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by gothicbttrfli, Oct 10, 2006.

1. gothicbttrfli

gothicbttrfli New Member

My name is Jamie and I am currently in a delema. I am currently going to school for Medical Insurance Coding but I am starting to think that it is not the right field for me. I am not getting some of the things I need to get and I think it is because I am not really the interested in it. I have been looking throught the catalog and have come across the Information Technology Systems Administator and it has really gotten my attention. I just and not sure what that all includes. I have heard of the certifications that I will need but I have no idea what I will be getting into if I switch. Which brings me to why I am here. I am looking for some advice and help in understanding this whole thing so I can make a good and educated decision.

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, Network + Security + , etc.
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Welcome to CF!

I'd not heard of the first role you mentioned, and the second one is a much-abused description that could mean a multitude of things.

You mention a catalog - who produced it?

I suspect we'll need quite a bit more info to give meaningfull advice!

We have quite a few members in the USA - they may be in a better position to offer advice.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Welcome to the forum mate 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)