intro!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by panosd, Jul 11, 2008.

1. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

hey there everyone, my name is Panos and I'm just starting down the road of certification :P

I've always been interested in IT, have most of my certificate IV (as its known here) in I.T. and then somehow ended up in Telco call centres for a few years before getting a desktop support job with an ISP. Those were some crazy times! That lasted for about 2 years and now I have my current job with EDS which pays for your first try of pretty much any MS certification.

So obviously I want to take advantage of that. I'm looking at doing the MCDST and then moving onto the MCSA. One field I find really interesting is security, I guess mainly by reading the case files SecurityMonkey has posted on ITToolbox (and go read them if you havent heard of them, they're very entertaining :))

Anyway, I found this site through a google search about the MCDST and I'm really glad I did because the threads are so jam packed full of useful information and really helpful and knowledgable members. I know I'm in good hands while I'm studying for any problems I run into or straight up advice about things

SO yeah.. G'day from Australia (not that I ever really say 'g'day' but it would feel remiss not to) and I look forward to talking to you all a lot more!

2. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

oh and just to add to this, I've done terrible call centre jobs for ages, like I said, and after the ISP job I SWORE i would never be in a call centre again. now im doing desktop support over the phone :)

I have to say... its completely different. its completely different, its enjoyable IT realted work and I'm learning every single day. and we remote into clients PC to fix the problem which doesnt hurt :)

so yeah, all these people in here fresh off a certification or computer science degree, 1st level desktop support is highly recommended as a first step by me.

3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Welcome to Cert Forums!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. panosd

panosd Bit Poster

thank you craigie! Out of curiousity, once you've finished those last three certifications in your list there, will that make you mcsa?

5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Hi Panosd, and welcome to CF:), good choice on going for the MCDST cert first.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF mate :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!