Interview

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ant2005uk, Mar 9, 2005.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

They may really have liked you but another candidate came along that they either liked better or liked as well but had more experience. It didn't mean the interview didn't go well or that you didn't have a serious shot. In fact, if they have another vacancy and you apply, they remember you favorably.

A few years back, I interviewed for a tech support position at a local software firm. They really liked me, but I was in school at the time, and they couldn't reconcile my school schedule with when they needed me at work. We parted on good terms and I kept in touch with them.

Last summer, the same company advertised for a tech writer position. I was already published as a contributor in several web and print venues and was in the process of writing my first book. I went in for the interview and both the admin asst and the chief engineer remembered me...and quite favorably. Long story short, I aced the interview and got a job offer less than a week later. I'm still there eight months later and doing fine. You just never know how these things are gonna work out.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hey tough break ant.

As a great man once said "Never give up, never surrender" 8)

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. honeydip

honeydip New Member

The very best of luck to you not that you'll need it!!

Certifications: None
    WIP: Network+
  4. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

I have contacted the agency who advertised these vacancies and asked if I can have a 2nd interview. The company are getting back to them to let me know 2moro hopefully. I made a few silly mistakes and missed so much out, judging from my feedback. I want a 2nd chance to get my foot in the door with this place, because they are very big and provide alot of opportunities. Do you think they would let me have another interview or wil they say no? I know its proberbly unlikely but worth a shot. They always advertise for jobs.

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Ant, you don't really know why you didn't get the job. Even if you turned in a very fine interview, someone with better quals or more experience may have shown up at your door. No one can tell you in advance if they will give you another interview but it *never* hurts to ask. If they see you are motivated, there's no guarentee that they will give you your shot, but if you show them that it's not important, then I guarentee you they won't even try. Nothing to lose. Go after it, m8.

6. ant2005uk

ant2005uk Byte Poster

They say they will be more than happy to give me a second interview, however I will have to wait 12 months due to the company policy they are not allowed to interview a candidate more than once in a 12 month period. Hopefully by then I will have found my first IT job though.

7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

Keep pressing on, Ant. You never know where your next opportunity will come from. Good luck.