Interview with the world's youngest MCT

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by techguy, Nov 21, 2005.

1. techguy

techguy Bit Poster

Hello all,
    Have you heard about the world's youngest MCT?

Check this out:

http://www.contactpakistan.com/pakpros/interview_with_Bilal/interview.html

Certifications: MCSAS,MCSES,MCDBA,MCAD.NET,MCSD.NET,CCNA
    WIP: C|EH,CISSP,CISM
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Very impressive but I can't see where it states how old he is.

Is this you??????

Not many people mention their BrainBench certs because they are free but he does and so do you :ohmy

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Which one is the youngest MCT? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

Hope this helps...

KARACHI: A young girl from Karachi has made history by winning back the title of the “youngest MCSE” from Pasha Pergamenchik of India who took the title from Bilal Iqbal by earning his MCSE at the age of 14.
    Sheeza Ahmed is now the world’s first 12-year-old systems engineer after having successfully passing all all required Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) certification exams.

Ms. Ahmed a 7th grade student of St Joseph's School, in Karachi, Pakistan is now the youngest MCSE out of 140,000 Microsoft qualified and registered IT professionals.

According to certificate issuing authority of Microsoft Certification Program "Sheeza Ahmed, as per our record, is the youngest candidate who has passed the certification exams" brining back to Pakistan the long awaited title and establishing an iron clad reputation of Pakistani students’ dedication, quality, and sustained effort.

She completed all the exams in a period of six weeks. According to her school teachers and principal Sheeza has always stood first in her class and enjoys working on computers as a hobby.

Bilal Iqbal earned his MCSE at the age of 14. and achieved and passed all his msce exams in a record breaking 25 days.

cheers

Stevie

Certifications: Comptia A+,Network+ MCSA.MCSE
    WIP: Ccna, Cwna, Ceh.
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hmmm, what can I say, record breaking in comparison to experienced IT professionals with years of experience in networking, that all take somewhat longer. Clearly there is more to this achievement than meets the eye.

It is not a race, it is about learning concepts, practising in the real world. IMHO This can't be done in that time scale, unless the person is an alien from out of space with superior intellect to the vast majority of humans or as is too often the case, they were in possession of the answers.

6. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Well Said! :thumbleft

I would rather be uncertified and knolwedgeable than certified and not. 8)

7. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

point taken
    however passing an MCSE is still a grueling feat, and is well worth some praise, however not the kind of international marketing crap that follows these 'youngest' mcses everywhere, i mean, in the real world who cares when you have no experiance? :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  8. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

It seems this young man should still receive praise indeed, for the gruelling intensive studying, I also learned that he has been hosting various folks websites on his server in Chicago and managing it from his home in Pakistan and that he has also been doing some programming work. I searched the sites for more info. Question....is Techguy the young man himself as asked in a previous post, but i agree with others, experience is more important. Then again he could be a young genius in the making.

cheers

stephen Febers

9. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Fair play, he is a clever Kid :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  10. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

What grueling intensive studying. I studied longer than that to pass 70-210 :x

11. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

He studied and passed all the mcp's required to achieve mcse status in 25 days.....I call that intensive gruelling studying....dont you?. :rolleyes:

12. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Not knowing any background as far as experience in systems administration goes for this kid, it's pretty hard to assume much more than braindumping in that amount of time.

Whatever it is, it's at least a great feat of memorization that's for sure. Whether it's really a useful MCSE is another question altogether.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  13. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I had seven years of practical experience as a network administrator before I started my MCSE. I did it full time, did the seven MOCs which is more than 25 days on their own. My study techniques were intensive and grueling because it took me three years to pass all the exams. I failed 70-216 after 10 months of the hardest grueling study I have ever done.

As I pointed out earlier, this persons so-called achievement is not possible in that time frame. To be honest it makes me laugh, how anyone can take it seriously baffles me. 25 days and you will know didly squat. Just another paper MCSE, so *if* they didn't they might as well of brain dumped it because it is the same result.

14. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

I agree with what you are saying Bluerinse.....you have the years experience to have doubts.....and yes there is the strong possibility that this kid may have been given braindumps to whizz through....but i have watched many a tv programme that highlights kids with amazing genius in them that really baffled myself and at times admired there amazing brain power. Right now there are a class of japanes kids that can work out mathematical formulas just by thinking. Hmmm...i have to buy around sixty books and interactive dvd's to aid me in my studying for the whole nitlc course in Systems & technical Engineer and it takes me around three months to study some exams. So i know where you are coming from.....25 days...a con? or a miracle in child geniuses?..........he must have had one hell of a photographic memory.....thats all i can say.

anyway a nice debate.

cheers

Stevie :)

15. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

I did some more research and found more on the young lad who is now a grown man and also found his resume......do you still doubt his capabilities?

Extract from his resume.....read more on the link provided

RESUME

National Achievers Award (Youth – IT) - August 1999
    International Rotary Club, Karachi , Pakistan

Awarded for achieving MCSE certification at an age of 14 years and showing interest in the field of Information Technology.

I think I found a genius......I think it is our very own Techguy.

cheers

stevie

16. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

He may well be one of those genius kids but there still isn't time to read, let alone understand and absorb all the necessary documents. The MOC books themselves are big and they do not cover the topics in enough detail to pass the exams. The MOCs refer you to RFCs and white papers. You *need* to read those in order to delve deeper. Then there are other sources like Sybex books etc which most people need to broaden their understanding further. Then there is test prep software like Transcender which can help to identify grey areas before sitting an exam. This is what people do to get passed one exam. This is reality, what this kid supposedly did is compress all this learning for seven grueling exams into 25 days. That IMHO is a nonsense :D

17. patientx

patientx Nibble Poster

Did you read all of his resume.....if he were to use braindumps and try and con everyone into thinking he was a genius......well how did he manage to achieve the various projects.

Research Assistant - May 2005 to August 2005
    McMaster University , Hamilton , Ontario

Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program (UROP)
    Reproduced a time-resolved temperature measurement device with slight modifications for precise measurements on a scale of nanoseconds (caused by a nanosecond laser pulse).
    Designed a new circuit for time-resolved temperature measurement device with the ability to measure changes caused by picosecond and femtosecond laser pulses.
    Designed a sample resistor made up of platinum metal with variable resistances that is designed to have uniform heat and energy distribution and minimized quantum effects.

Management Internee - May 2004 to August 2004
    Islamabad Chapter, Project Management Institute, Pakistan

Conducted monthly seminars and chapter events by making administrative arrangements.
    Coordinated with members, attendees and sponsors for the respective events.
    Learnt about project management by attending numerous seminars and events.

System Administrator - August 1998 to March 2002
    CompuCraze Internet Service (Pvt.) Ltd., Islamabad , Pakistan

Co-founded business with brother.
    Designed, implemented and maintained the network for CompuCraze Internet Services. Performed system administration, network management and web designing duties.
    Gained valuable experience on Linux Red Hat and Linux Slackware platforms.
    Designed and hosted various sites including http://www.compucraze.com, http://www.syscompk.com and http://www.ongroups.com.
    Worked part-time eight to 15 hours while attending school full-time.

Network Administrator & Trainer - August 2000 to February 2001
    Sherwani Syndicate Computer Institute, Islamabad , Pakistan

Designed and implemented network of about 30 computers running Windows NT, Windows 2000 and Linux Red Hat operating systems.
    Provided training to 2 batches of CIW Designer and CIW Administrator certification track.

Lab Instructor - July 2000 to August 2000
    Sherwani Syndicate Computer Institute, Islamabad , Pakistan

Installed the required software on 20 lab computers and maintained them.
    Led the students through each lab of SQL 7.0 Administration Course suggested in Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC).
    Demonstrated excellent listening and communication skills while instructing 20 students.

He could'nt just pull all this off just with braindumps.....he also has a very high i.q...there is too many areas which makes me think that he is one lucky gifted individual that was blessed.

Anyway back to my studies for the 70-290 exam...I have the sybex books....pocket consultant books by william stanek....cbt nuggets on msce....win 2003 server....wish i was blessed sometimes...i come home from work after midnight...study till 6.00am and go to bed and get up at 3.00pm to get ready for work.....i do this everynight....hmm i forgot to mention that my younger brother at the age of ten could programme in machine code....need a few beers soon....anyway i will return in three weeks and hopefully announce that i passed the 70-290 exam.

nice chatting

Stevie

18. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Yes that is incredibly impressive, with the emphasis on incredible. He must therefore be, as I stated in my first post, an alien from outer space. They should keep a very watchful eye on him and make sure he is not collecting unusual pods in his green house :biggrin

I told you, there is more to this than meets the eye :eek:

lol it is good to talk, and good luck with the exam 8)

19. slyuen

slyuen Byte Poster

He's probably as qualified, and got the same IQ Level as our fathers of modern IT systems like Bill Gates and Steve Jobs themselves... probably the same kind of people who would ultimately bring something different to our world.

If he invents computer systems, I would say he would probably make something that goes to outer space.

Oh, haven't mentioned luck, family background and time allowance...Not everyone is as lucky as he is to be able to get financial and spiritual support from families and societies....i.e. UK/London is so expensive that you would have difficulty breathing/surviving...and finding time to study...for a not-so-rich individual like myself :x

Given the same amount of luck and resources to start with, I believe there may be many other people who could achieve a similar result.

Certifications: ECDL,A+,Network+,CST,CNST,MCDST,MCSA
    WIP: MCSE, CIW, CCNA, CWNA, Others...