Interview Today

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by kevicho, Dec 10, 2008.

1. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Had an interview today, which I enjoyed (How weird am I, enjoying interviews!), company looks good, people working with seem nice, wages look good, hours are long but I dont mind that, and its very local.

The only drawback is they will be recruiting around the end of the month, which not a problem, just I dont want to wait that long lol!

Fingers crossed, I think I came across as a strong candidate with good experience, good business/IT relationship views, enthusiastic and more, the guy who interviewed showed me a training chart, with certs id already done (which he said he would amend, but I wouldnt mind redoing stuff anyway), + the dreaded ITIL, but i think this is great as it shows they are willing to invest and train the right person.

I just hope they think its me :)

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  2. david248005

david248005 Bit Poster

Inthe same boat just now
    Good luck to you..:D

WIP: MCDST, OU T175 & M150,
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Good luck.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Good luck mate, let us know how you get on :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

And had a phone call from someone whos seen my CV on a website

Interview tomorrow.

Like buses, 2 come along at once

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
  6. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  7. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Best of luck on the one you had and the one you're headed towards... :)

8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Send a couple my way could you ?

Now at around 170 job apps in the last 6 and a bit months and counting.

CITP does seem to be making a bit of difference tho' - more recruiters calling after I've sent a CV in; couple have actually said they'll put me forward to their clients.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well I thought interview 2 went well, the company seemed a good one to work for, and I think this role would carry more responsibility as it seems a smaller IT team, but the people interviewing seemed very nice.
    Also it is based where id prefer to work (location wise) long term, so thats a bonus, but there is very little to choose between the two roles, so if I am offered either one I would be delighted.

Will find out if I have been successful this afternoon, with a good wage offer (ive basically said the wage is not a deal breaker but im looking for market rate), but with both jobs there is more than the wage to consider.

Comparing both companies.

Both seem reasonably secure, company 1 has contracts (and a big company behind it), company 2 has high earning potential and apparently is still doing very well in this climate.

Company 1 will be offering a training, but in things ive already done, but this isnt a problem, there is no harm in revisiting material once in a while as a refresher, while company 2 is keen for self learners (as I already have the majority of material im likely to need in the near future this sounds good).

Company 1 is offering a very good wage, will obviously receive an offer from company 2 if I am successful, so will see how that goes.

Location wise company 1 is on my doorstep, but with buses currently company 2 is not much harder to get to, and also long term is based where I want to work long term.
    Either way I aim to be driving before March.

People wise, had 2 interviews with company 1, seemed to have good rapport and where interested in my views and seemed to agree, seemed like they would be great to work with, company 2 only 1 interview but they seemed friendly and professional, again very interested in my experience, and happy with tech and HR type questions, so I could enjoy working with either company.

Job roles, company 1 seems more support type role, but seems somewhere I could progress long term, company 2 seems somewhere where I really could make a name for myself (in a good way), so in these respects, and the fact company 2 has a better job title, company 2s role edges it slightly.

Finally the hours for company 1 are longer, company 2's hours are less, both have scope for overtime, but I would travel for longer to company 2 so any differences here are minimal.

Oh and response wise it will be a few weeks before company 1 gets back to me (Due to staff holiday), while company 2 have an instant requirement which is good.

I think if I am offered the role today it is very likely I will take it, if i miss out on this one, I wont be too disapointed in my interview performance, but my bank manager will be crying in his pillow tonight lol.

10. Hypnos

Hypnos New Member

I have just got a job :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    thats some weight off my shoulders now it christmas .

i was made redundant nearly 1 1/2 months ago and i have relocated to near london .It has been hard dealing with agencys but hopfuly it has been worth it .

Good luck to anyone looking

Certifications: MCDST A+
    WIP: MCSA
  11. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Well didnt get the Thursday one, am awaiting feedback, but I didnt think I did too badly in the interview, although being late didnt help (Had some dodgy address confirmation on the phone), but still guess some things just arent meant to be.

So looks like hopes are on this local role now, which is not a bad thing at all lol

12. DrkSnpr4

DrkSnpr4 Bit Poster

Hey, going to congrat you early! How do I see you are pretty good at interviewing yourself. :D

- Which one have you decided first or second?

- I liked the both companies, but second one seems to be more famous, and high incomes. What about co-workers that you will work with them, which one has better?

- As you said about traveling isn't to important, so also the second one isn't to far.

- I didn't understand about payments, can you explain?

- Also about your work, what are you going to support?

However best wishes on your choice. :)

13. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Will have to be the first role as i didnt get the 2nd role.

Looks like supporting Microsoft products, backup, network issues, exchange, the usual all rounder type role I get.

Never mind, its a payrise again if they pay my expected salary and they are offering training so will happily take some refresher courses and anything else on offer.