Interview for IT Tech

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Jaron78, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

I don't agree with the comment about not applying for jobs without experience, might aswell keep applying, what have you got to lose? You only need one company to see your potential and give you a chance, keep at it and you will get that break. I had no experience and got a job, so have many other people I should imagine!

I had exactly the same rejection excuse in the two interviews I had before i got this job, they both said I was really excellent but just lacked the experience - I know how it feels to get that knock back, had plenty, but just use the feedback from the interview to improve the next one - you find that you will often get asked a lot of similar questions in these interviews, so you can relax a bit more :)

keep chasing that golden ticket, you will get there 8)

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Same here, I had no experience and got a job as well... the only way you get experience is through getting your foot in the door. Keep applying bud, you'll definitely land a job!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Actually you have your self respect and dignity, if you keep applying and keep getting rejected time after time then sooner rather than later you're going to just give up.

My advice, get some sort of experience under your belt, be it from helping the local church\charity or what ever but get that experience.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA