Internet Expolrer 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by Dr Hunter, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Dr Hunter

Dr Hunter New Member

Hi all,

Just downloaded and installed IE7 and have noticed a few issues (only a few!, I thought this had been beta'ered to death).

The "open a new link in a new tab" does not work automatically. You can still right click and select a new tab be used, but I'm led to believe this should happen on it's own.

Also, a more annoying problem is a second tier menu display issue.
    When I open a first tier dropdown menu, I can see all the options, however if I go to a second tier menu (if one's available) a blank see-through box appears (you can just see the outline shadow). If I them move over the second menu, then the options appear as I pass over them.

Has anybody else experienced these problems and has anybody got any solutions.

This is a genuine copy of IE7 downloaded off Microsoft website today.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WIP: A+
  2. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

I haven't used IE 7 enough to experience any bugs but I'm sure you'll find plenty. Just keep your eyes on the Windows Update site.:D

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  3. Dr Hunter

Dr Hunter New Member

Up-date.

I've just tried something and it has cured my submenu problem.

I'm running the Alienware XP Skin on my PC. (I know, I should grow up, but it makes the bland XP interface look great).

Anyway, I've just reverted to XP classic on a whim and my submenu's have returned.

Now the question is, do I put up with boring XP skin or revert back to alienware and put up with submenu issue.

mmm..decisions, decisions decisions.............

WIP: A+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Do you mean that if you click a hyperlink, a new Window appears rather than a tab? If so, they might have carried this over from IE6 , althought most would prefer a tab.

Si

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

In regard to IE6 it depends on how the hyperlink is coded. It can open the link in the same window or a new window. Im not sure if there would be code you could use to open a new tab though. :blink

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs