Info on ASP.NET

Discussion in 'Web Development & Web Hosting' started by greatchap, Feb 10, 2006.

1. greatchap

greatchap Bit Poster

Hi Ppl,

I am interested in making dynamic websites. ASP.NET is the buzz word.

So is ASP.NET a language or an environment. And to make asp sites what languges can i use like VB.NET or Visual C# .NET.

If you can give me some info on that it will be great. I want to learn .NET so any tips.

About myself: I am a graduate but i have been programming since high school and i am expert in VB6.

Thanks & Cheers,
    Greatchap

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi,

I believe the person you need to speak to is jonnymx, who will be around after beer time :morebeer

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Hi mate, just moved the thread to correct forum.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  4. Muir

Muir Bit Poster

Hi ASP.Net is the latest update of ASP, which if you programmed in VB6 you might be use to.

You use ASP.NET to create active server pages utilising the .Net framework and as such you develop them using the .NET languages (e.g. VB.NET, C#.NET, etc).

ASP.NET is a lot more powerful than its predecessor and pretty much allows you to create web pages, which look and act just like your traditional windows applications as they contain a code behind page, which contains all your program logic.

This is probably the best site for information on ASP.NET: www.ASP.NET

You can also get free sample CD from here
    although if you live outside of America you'll have to pay about $5.00 (about £3)

I'm pretty sure that ASP.NET version 2 has just come out so you'll want to learn that if you thinking of going down that route.

Certifications: Degree, HND, MCP (305, 306, 229)
    WIP: MCDBA
  5. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

What he said.

Except the last bit.
    Version 2 of the .NET framework has just been released to coincide with Visual Studio 2005. The 2005 stuff is fantastic, but it will take a while to catch on. Exams are still in the beta stage so don't expect to be able to certify until the end of the year.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  6. The_Geek

The_Geek Megabyte Poster

You'll have to pay that even if you live inside the US.

Certifications: CompTIA and Micro$oft
    WIP: PDI+
  7. greatchap

greatchap Bit Poster

Hi ,

Thanks for the info. So its like I can use VB.NET or C# .NET to developer ASP.NET pages. That means asp.net is like an environment and pages are programmed using various .net languages.

thanks again.

Cheers,
    GC

8. dotnetms

dotnetms Bit Poster

9. greatchap

greatchap Bit Poster

Hi,

Thanks a lot ppl for your help & support.

Greatchap