Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Sep 10, 2007.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You guys wana know why Harrison Ford hated Blade Runner so much? Cos him and Sir Ridley Scott hated each other whilst filming it. In my last issue of Empire movie magazine they have a huge 25 page segment on Blade Runner. All about why it never really took off in the first place, why there are so many different DVD versions out, etc.

Even Sir Ridley himself admitted he never liked Blade Runner, but he really put himself and Harrison through some tough paces...and everyone thought Rutger Hauer got the bad deal...but to be honest, no matter how many different versions they bring out on DVD, I still think its a decent film, despite what most people think. Besides it has become a cult film these days.

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That edition is for newbs. I've got the My Preccciousssss Extra Special Limited Edition Extended Final Cut (with Deleted Scenes). 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You know...sometimes it would be so much easier if they just released one version that included every possible deleted scene and extra and thats it...then we can all go home happy...but no, lets release more versions with scenes we forgot to add in the previous release...unless of course your name happens to be George Lucas :biggrin

4. twizzle

twizzle Gigabyte Poster

Noelg, I'd recommend getting FUTURE NOIR the book about the making of the film! Its great! I have read it twice now. It even covers the story about the t-shirts the film crew wore due to pay problems etc. Also says Harrison didn't like filming with the woman who played Rachel!
    Can't wait for the anniv edition of the film to come out as i love it and already have 2 different copies.

Certifications: Comptia A+, N+, MS 70-271, 70-272
    WIP: Being a BILB,
  5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

you mean to tell me Harrison Ford didnt like acting alongside Sean Young? Cos she was the woman who played Rachel right? Thats strange...:blink but I remember the magazine mentioning something about those t-shirts...

6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I watched Blade Runner once and hated it. I generally like Harrison Ford as an actor and I like the Philip K. Dick novel the movie is (loosely) based on, but the film sukked.

I thought the LOTR trilogy was great. I've been a fan of the novels for decades and while no film series could possibly cover the scope, the trilogy did about as well as anything could have. It will always be a classic.

The Harrison Ford film I really like is The Fugitive although it's tough for me to tell who I liked better in the movie, Harrison Ford or Tommy Lee Jones. They both turned in very good performances.

Keep in mind that as a child, I watched the original TV series starring David Janssen (in which Gerrard turned out to be the killer and the one-armed man the witness). It was the only series of its kind at the time that wrapped up the entire story line with a two-part series finale.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Just like the Matrix??

How many versions were there before they released the Ultimate 10 DVD Boxed edition! 8)

Why haven't they released an ultimate collection of star wars?

Does anyone know if they are going to release a boxed edition of all six films?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  8. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

These guys are making money of classics. Not a bad way to market I guess.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA