indepent consultancy

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by moominboy, Nov 1, 2005.

1. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

not really news so i thought i'd stick it here.
    fairly interesting read i thought.....

If you’ve never explored the world of independent consulting, you may regard those who have with a combination of admiration and envy. You might see them as a different breed of people: fearless, entrepreneurial-embodiments of the career and life you would choose if you could only conjure up enough courage.

But as many successful consultants discover, the gap dividing traditional careers from independent ones can be more of a crack than a chasm. Seldom do professionals simply slam the door on a W-2 position and begin consulting exclusively. Most talented individuals test the consulting waters by trying a project or two on their own time while working their full-time jobs. Before long, though, these pros are faced with the decision of whether or not to take it all the way.

http://www.certmag.com/articles/templates/CM_gen_Article_template.asp?articleid=1462&zoneid=231

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  2. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

moominboy,

I've thought about starting my own consulting business. I thought about just taking your typo in the thread title a little further in naming my business: Inept Consulting. Think it would work?

:twisted: :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  3. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

catchy title mate! :tongue

the worst thing about that is i was about to reply scathingly saying i hadn't made a typo, then i saw it......shocking! lol! :dunce

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

You could team up with Boyce's mates, Freddy - Trotters' Independent Trading ! :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

I can see it now!

[​IMG]

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT