Im having a bad day and need your advice

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Mr.Cheeks, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Cockles

Cockles Megabyte Poster

I'll trade

At the moment I am having to proofread a book about abused children and social care, not the most heartening of reads.

I need a drink......

Certifications: None
    WIP: Trying to find my car keys
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

i wouldn't mind.

3. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sounds like you are not enjoying your job mate :blink

Could you not have suggested a bluetooth sync with his phone and PC? :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  4. Mr.Cheeks

its when im over at this office, its does my head in, other than that, its not that bad, honestly!

i could of, actually, i could of bought my data cable in and synched it, he has the same phone as me, but why should i? if he does like me support other dept and problems, why should i look at his? like he said, i shouldn't support then other depts as its not part of my job, and thats what im doing, mobile connectivity isn't part of my job :twisted:

5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

True, but if you fix it and then when you have an appraisal it can be brought up that you are willing to put in that little bit extra and therefore justify a pay rise.

Fixing printers and resetting passwords isn’t part of my job description but some days I find myself having to do that. I could walk away and let the 1st line guys sort it but I would probably get a P45 the next day! :ohmy

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. Mr.Cheeks

Sparky mate - i see what your saying, and in all honesty, i normally would have tried to sort something out, but he is the only option where i cant be arsed unless its super duper easy a 8yr old could sort out (bearing in mind, these kids are quite clever in IT now)

justification of a payrise? no chance, they said they used all the money left in the pot for my funding til end of the year!

i sent a few emails to some of the IT managers around, to inform them that i will be out of work soon, if they are considering to look for someone...