I'm Alive!!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Weemez, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

A long overdue hello to all you folks out there, thanks to those of you for my birthday wishes over a month ago.:oops:

Glad to see the old CF as strong as ever. i wont go into to much detail but its been a hectic few months with moving in with my girl, that has kept me on my toes i can assure you, studying along-exam due in October after my trip to Egypt and all sorts of other things but i have to mention that i have managed to secure myself a full time job in my City's Hospital as a network engineer (god only knows how!) but i did it.

The amature football season is over, girlfriend has got bored of me around the house so i return hoping to help where i can and just catch up with the general banter!

Glad to be back.:biggrin

Certifications: HNC Computing A+ N+ ICND1
    WIP: ICND2
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Welcome back, Weemez. Glad to see you doing so well. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Good to hear from you Trip!

You'll know as well as i do, you don't know what on earth is round the corner of life. This time last year i'm sitting there wondering when things will take a turn for the better and with a little good luck, barrow loads of effort and feck me... i'm offered a networking post based solely on my volunteer work and the fact i'm investing my own time and money into my certification.

I'm told its the dogs body's job but i have just upgraded 8 full size node cabinets that were a complete mess...i mean you couldn't see the switches in the node cabinet for cables!! Every node now patched to perfection, new switches in and they are looking good. Now thats complete i'm into all sorts of things, configuring firewalls, helping deal with the roll out of wireless AP's and working with the likes of RingMaster if you are familiar with that?

Probably not to exciting for you experienced guys but i'm loving it so far, intimidating at times? Oh yes, but i'm really lucky in that the two guys i work with are so helpful.

Anybody out there in doubt just get stuck in and give it your best if its what you really want, look at me, i'd never been on the internet until 5 years ago, hadn't a clue when i started college and now i'm in there, woo hoo!!

But the hard work has only really just begun, so much to learn!:eek:

4. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi

Thats good to hear you've got a job through volunteer work.

Well done :D

I only joined in March so don't think I have seen you on here before but hope your job goes well, good luck :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  5. Weemez

Weemez Kilobyte Poster

Thanks and good luck for the interview, i was told after that i looked really nervous at the interview, i knew a but about networking but nothing about IT in the workplace, real hands on. They said my enthusiasm was the main point, worth keeping in mind. That is really important no matter how experienced you are.:thumbleft

6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Glad to hear you are doing well. I know from experience that at times it really gets hard, no matter what you do. You just have to take it one step at a time.

Congrats on the job Weemez and welcome back.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Welcome back mate. Congrats on the job. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  8. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Good to see you posting again Kev, we have missed you. Glad to hear you have a great job and you are enjoying yourself! 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)