IE Folder!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Software' started by kat731, Mar 20, 2005.

1. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Hi all,
    just doin a cleanup job..
    When i started running NAV it showed: Owner/Documents and settings/Local settings/Temp internet files, and was on that for a while, so, i thought i'll go look at that and empty it!
    The folder was hidden for some reason, so i took out the hidden check and applied, as it was changing the attributes i could see all the files; Ebay, BBC, Yahoo blah blah etc etc..........
    When i check the properties it says 5.07 Gb size, but when i open its empty?????????????
    What am i forgetting????
    Thanks all,
    Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Kat, I am not sure why you can't see the contents, but you might be able to see them if you go into windows explorer, select Tools > Folder Options then click the View tab. In the listed items make sure Display Hidden Files and Folders is selected. Also uncheck *Hide Protected Operating System Files*
    The best way to empty the temporary Internet files is to open Internet Explorer, go to tools, then Internet Options and click on the Delete Files button.

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. kat731
    Honorary Member

kat731 Megabyte Poster

Cheers Pete,

i'll try that. its weird, coz i did empty the IE6 files, but this is coming up as IE5??? And why it was hidden god only knows??
    Kat

Certifications: BA (Hons), A+
    WIP: 70-685 77-884