I.T Support Achievements for CV

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Manunemp, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Manunemp

Manunemp Bit Poster

What do you write for your achievements in I.T Support?

I've solved user problems all of the time and they have been pretty basic, and I've administered the basics of Active Directory & Exchange, but there aren't really any achievements.

I've also had work involving software development, although not the primary role, which allows me to list a lot of achievements because there are programs at the end that have solved problems and brought results. So do you think it's ok to call my role "Developer", even though I just took it upon myself to develop programs to improve my and others work?, and how would employers see this when I'm applying for I.T Support roles?

2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

The clean approach has worked for me... I simply say what I have experience with. And that's always been enough to get me the interview and to get me hired. I don't go into great detail on my resume - if they want to know more details, that's what the interview is for.

I ran an entire "IT department"... consisting of just me. Would it be OK to call my role "Director of IT" even though my supervisor had me listed as "IT Technician"? What I mean is... if your future employer were to call up your past employer and ask, "What was Manunemp's title?", what would they say? Any difference from what you've got listed on your CV will create cause for concern for the employer.

If you can develop software, simply list that in your skills section... not your employment section. Just my advice; others may vary.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!