I solved the problem

Discussion in 'Internet, Connectivity and Communications' started by noelg24, Jun 30, 2004.

1. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

You guys wont believe this...but I have only just gone and solved my ISPs ADSL connection problem. last night I was trying to get connected but I kept getting error 738 (for those who are baffled it means the IP address are not being assingned by the ISP) so since I have a USB modem from BT as I use to work for them I rang them first to be 100% sure it wasnt the modem cos I had done power cycles and made new connections the lot but was still getting the same error. so I got the my ISPs paperwork out and went into my connections properties (as u do) and input the IP address and DNS servers and wahey:idea: roberts your dads brother and fannys your mums sister...:D so anyway I just rang my ISP today and explained to them what happened and how I fixed it and would you believe they were aware of the problem but they didnt know how to solve it...apart from me of course and when I told them they were impressed and said maybe I should be working for them...as long as they can pay for my plane tickets and accomodation I would be happy to. so there you go I have solved my ISPs ADSL problem. and I feel better for that...now I can enjoy my day...by the way I think we should have a forum dedicated to Broadband and all things related to Internet connections. anyone agree?

Certifications: A+
    WIP: my life
  2. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Well done m8 good one

Why not post your suggestion here ready for when Si starts looking at the layout of the forums

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  3. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

nice one mate, the correct fix from there end would be to fix thier bloody DHCP server though
    cant go getting 100 users to statically configure thier IPs :)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  4. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

thats true Phoenix...it did mention something about DHCP...I just forgot to mention that to them...but at least they know what to tell their customers and lets hope they do sort out their DHCP problem...

5. noelg24

noelg24 Terabyte Poster

just rang them again and told them about the DHCP...but they found out the actual source of the problem...it seems the people who provide the DataStream and IP addresses had put the address out of range and this is whats causing people to get error 738. the guy who I spoke to told me that all the guys at the technical helpdesk were very impressed with my solution and so were the people who provided the IPs and DataStream...you have no idea how good that makes me feel...I am jsut over the moon. so anyway I told them if they have any other problems I have left my number with one of the lovely ladies...hahahaha...damn I hope my girlfriend does read this...I am in trouble again....

6. Greebo

Greebo Byte Poster

Well done mate :D A big pat on the back for you :thumbleft :respct

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Nice one, Waliu. Well done :thumbleft

btw, I've PM'd you

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity