I really need some help...please??

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by pengie, Jul 31, 2008.

1. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

You do realize that deleting a partition and recreating it will remove all data from the machine? Before doing that you may want to try and save important files!

How to do this depends on the PC. If it came with a full copy of XP then just boot from the XP disk and start the install. At one point it will mention that there is already an installation present, at this point tell it to delete it. After installation you will need the driver disks for the motherboard and any other special hardware to finish off.

If this PC came with a restore disk instead of the XP disk then use that.

You should be able to carry out some of the CastleCops procedures in safe mode - which should lessen the instability.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  2. pengie

pengie Bit Poster

Thanks to everybody who has been replying to me on this thread and helping me.

pengie x

3. Obinna Osobalu

Obinna Osobalu Banned

try system restore, if that doesn't work i suggest u download and install AVAST! antivirus then allow it to perform a boot scan. then u shld try and create a new retore point then run clean manager to delete ur previous restore points of course the restore point u manually created will be left out. this is to ensure that if its a virus it will totally b taken care of since the system restore is is a restricted tool the antivirus scan will not get to the restore points hence u av to delete the previous restore points to mk sure does restiore points are not restored cuz d malware will still reside in any of those previous restor points.am prety sure this will help.

Certifications: MCITP:SA,MCTS(x5),MCSE2K3;MCSA2K3:M;MCP
    WIP: EDA7,70-652,Project+,MSP(70-632)