I really need an IT job.

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by dino66uk, Jun 9, 2010.

1. IT2009

IT2009 Byte Poster

8 years? Why?
    Now excuse is recession but before was easier to get into IT and without certs or experience. Why did it take you so horribly long?

Certifications: MCP, HND Business Information Systems
    WIP: A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I was in vast amounts of debt (my fault I know), live in an area were the majority of jobs are either manufacturing or farming and because of my debts couldn't afford to apply for jobs further a field that would invlove me having to move. I had a HND but no certs.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Mikeyboy

Mikeyboy Kilobyte Poster

Just want to echo some of the sentiments in this thread, just don't give up, took me over 2 years to get a job after I started studying and doing certs, at times it was really hard and I really felt like just giving up...

Keep looking for jobs, keep applying, make your CV look great, the trick is just making yourself stand out from all the rest, you will get interviews if you keep at it, and any interviews are good practise, gives you more confidence when you get an interview for a job you want!

:)

Certifications: VCP,MCSA, MCP, MCDST, MCITP, MCTS, A+, N+
  4. Smiff

Smiff New Member

Keep your chin up mate! You did well passing the A+ and you said you got interviews so you were doing something right. I've been looking at posts here regarding people being sucessful in getting an IT job and the one that stands out is they keep trying and trying and trying. You have taken a postive step getting going just by posting here so you should build on that. It sounds like you are a bit short of confidence at the minute so why not dust off those books and read a chapter of A+ as a refresher. The point is to do just do something, anything to get you going again.

Certifications: HNC Computing
    WIP: A+