I passed 601/602

Discussion in 'A+' started by simonp83, Jun 26, 2009.

1. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

So happy i passed, not just because i have an extra thing for my cv but no more horrible a+ questions anymore :).

A+ questions are horrible. Going through the All In One A+ book, there are questions in there where the correct answer go up against 3 years of on the job technical knowledge, talking to other technicians, this is something that is very common. Anyone know why this is?

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  2. tysfoot

tysfoot Byte Poster

Well done mate,

What sort of questions were they and what was the main areas they tested you on

Certifications: A+
    WIP: MCDST, N+
  3. simonp83

simonp83 Kilobyte Poster

Laser printers, laptop memory, stuff about ntfs permissions, real broadrange.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, MCTS, MCITP
    WIP: 70-291
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats, Simon!

If you go to CompTIA's Web site, you will see exactly what they test you on and the percentages of questions from each section that you should expect.

In truth, Simon's not allowed to reveal any information about what he saw on the exam, as that is a violation of the NDA he signed before taking the exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Miro

Miro Byte Poster

Well done!
    A+ is not as bad.I did enjoy it. MCDST questions are worst for me but why not like them too.
    If you learn and have fun then you are on the right path mate.

Certifications: A+ IT Technician
    WIP: MCDST, Network+