I need some 70-270 info please

Discussion in 'Windows 7 / 8 /10 Client Exams' started by Dimz, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Dimz

Dimz New Member

Hi all. Im looking to book my 70-270 exam next week. I have been told I need to provide 2 forms of ID when I go to sit the exam. My problem is my passport ran out last year in December and I also have my birth certificate. Can anyone tell me if these documents would be ok to prove my ID? Thanks in advance.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, Network+
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

One has to be photo ID mate, when is your exam next week?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. Dimz

Dimz New Member

No. Im booking my exam next week to hopefully take it before the end of the month. What I need to know is if my out of date passport will be ok as my photo ID and if my birth certificate will be ok as my non photo ID. Thanks.

4. Sparky

Probably not mate, best to sort out a new passport and then book the exam, why take the risk?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Does it really matter if the passport has expired?

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Sparky

Yes, you need valid photo ID. 8)

7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

A little harsh seeing as your signature etc is on the passport.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Sparky

I don't make the rules, he still has time to sort out another passport or some sort of photoID.

Don't get me wrong, they might not notice that the passport is out of date. :biggrin

9. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I dont know how it is in the UK but when I took the exam I need to provide 2 pieces of ID such as a medicare card and a driver's license. With at least one photo ID.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  10. Dimz

Dimz New Member

Thank you all for replying so fast.

11. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi,

Do you have one of these new fangled photo driving licences, they accepted that as id, also I think they take work id badges too (at least they did for me, but I work for a government agency so that may be a little different).

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  12. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

Two forms of ID as far as i'm aware, one photo, passport and drivers license count as government photo, not sure about birth certificate, has no signature right ? Some exam vendors may have different requirements on top of the test centre.

Never hurts to have too much Id, I'd apply for a provisional drivers license and a new passport asap, if in doubt check with the test centre/provider when booking !

For the Pearson VUE site :-

From Prometric Site :-

I always take my in date drivers license photocard and passport so not had an issue.

It obviously varies country to country so I'd definitely check, I'd seriously doubt an out of date passport would count as valid.

Your passports run out already and your only 21 ! :eek:
    Guess you need your first adult passport :- http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_index.asp
    Drivers License :- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/NeedANewOrUpdatedLicence/DG_10012514

While your at it you might as well get one of these :-
    http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Hl1/Help/YourQuestions/DG_10015151

Then you're all set for hols next year ! :biggrin

13. Princey

Princey Nibble Poster

I have used an expired passport before..When i went for my A+ a few years back.

Certifications: A+, CCNA, MCSE 2003, NICE Voice Recording,
    WIP: CISSP