i need help on WAN, please

Discussion in 'Routing & Switching' started by kobem, Aug 22, 2009.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

I have to get past Wide area network subject firstly to get past all problems before getting ready for the CCNA exam. I expect to get some help from you about it. Until Wide area network , especially on routing chapter, i knew that we had packets to transmit them to remote networks. Normally, we were doing it by using routers. In other words, every event came into play at third layer of OSI.

However, in this chapter related to WAN, we are all dealing with first and second layers not third. This seems
    weird as i mentioned above.

Could you tell me a little bit just the mentality for clear ?

Certifications: CCNA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Personally m8, I think you're asking a bit much given your previous posts ! :ohmy

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

you can't be real

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  4. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

I think the 'expectation' is a language issue, more than an actual demand UKD.

That being said, I do think, Kobem, that given your previous posts on here you either cannot or will not learn from the advice you are being given.

The fact that you can't ask for advice properly or politely in English compounds the difficulties you are having in understanding the advice we are giving you.

You have asked us complex questions on networking, and you have, frankly, asked us downright simple questions on networking that someone doing a degree and preparing for a CCNA should have a grasp of, if they want to pass.

You are not going to be able to get the help you need on here. Either you cannot understand what you are being explained in English, or you cannot grasp the concepts you are trying to study full stop, no matter what language you are reading it in.

Please - find a forum in your native language that provides assistance with networking, or even general computing - the advice on there will be clearer for you to read - or at least less ambiguous, and less likely to be 'lost in translation'. Find books in your native language from your university library, and read about the topics rather than trying to translate, and probably translating wrongly, what we are telling you.

This is not a moderating decision, it is a suggestion. But it is one you should take note of. Certforums is a community that is here to help people, no matter what their nationality - but you have not taken on board any of the help you have received from previous posts or threads and I would be saying the same to any person that kept asking the same vein of questions with no further contribution nor signs of improvement.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about this further.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

What chapter?

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  6. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

No you can't do that to me. I follow the answers you have given to me all time. I do not
    tell lies.

Certifications: CCNA
  7. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

The OSI model is just that, a *model*, it does not explain how things really work electronically. it is a guide and is worth knowing but there are many occations where you will find things dont quite fit.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Fair points, all.

I am, probably, less tolerant these days as I seem to reside in Grumpy Old Man territory ! :p

I'd have no problem helping you more Kobem if you appeared to take note of what people said to you and at least tried to get to grips with the language. As Arroryn has said, maybe you would be better to find a forum in your native language - I wish you well with that.

9. Bonneville

Bonneville Bit Poster

What is important regarding routers is that they operate at the bottom three layers of the OSI model and not just layer 3. Similarly, switches operate at both layer 1 and 2.

Certifications: MCSE, CCNA
    WIP: CCNA Security, CCNP
  10. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Just a quick change in subject, have you thought about doing the Network+ first of all to cover the basics before attempting the CCNA which goes more indepth as well as into Cisco hardware (as well as expires, and needs renewing every 3 years)?

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  11. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

tried that Ken apparently they don't sell basic networking books in Turkey.

Kobem a WAN is a network that covers a wide area like the lots places a LAN is a network that covers a local area like an office

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  12. simonkn

simonkn Bit Poster

'ere UKDarkStar

I'm from down those thar there Wessern parts and 'earin' wha you sed makes me angry. I's is 35 and therefore not a "grumpy old man" as your puts it. I's a Grumpy, yet spritely, erm... man.

hmm... Luton's looking like it was a good move.

message ends

13. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

:biggrin By "territory" I meant "agegroup" rather than geographic location :p

14. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Actually, she can.

Actually, you haven't.

I wouldn't know if you do or not. In any case, that's irrelevant. You don't follow the advice that we give, and you often don't answer the questions we ask - you either let the threads die without a response or you've simply forgotten they're there. So why should anyone continue to give you MORE advice?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  15. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Kobem - you also have a really irritating habit of editing your original posts so that the answers/responses don't make sense.

If you need to clarify something, put it in a new post, don't just edit the original one.

It's driving me bonkers...

:blink

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD