I hate job interviews

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by tripwire45, Feb 15, 2007.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I guess it's the anticipation and not knowing what sort of questions they're going to ask. The interview I went through to get my current contractor job a Micron was over the phone and lasted less than ten minutes. Today's was much more involved.

As many of you know, I've been on contract at Micron for the last nine months as the technical writer for the software development and support team. My contract has been renews twice now and is coming due again.

My team lead has been working to try to make my job permanent but what that would mean is that I'd be supervised by the technical writing group but work day to day with the developers.

That's a position that doesn't exist here at Micron and the bureaucracy has been struggling to make it work.

Something good must have happened because the technical writing group...all of them, just spent an hour interviewing me for the position. They still aren't sure how it will work but the goal (finally) is to hire me as a full-time permanent employee at Micron, sometime within the next three weeks or so (Ok, maybe four).

I wore my "monkey suit" to the office which got a good laugh out of half the team. The interview went well, I think. Having to be interviewed by about ten people is a little intimidating but then I got to see the entire team and ask them some questions.

This is a step in the right direction and in a month's time, I might be posting a message here saying I've finally got a "real" job. Here's hoping.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Vendetta

Vendetta Nibble Poster

Well done, a wierd situation to be in indeed. Good luck with the Job!

3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Trip - Good luck, no doubt you will get the job my friend!

4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Sending prayers your way.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Here's hoping Trip :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  6. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Fingers are crossed downunder 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  7. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

good luck 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  8. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Good luck trip :D

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  9. Kraven

Kraven Kilobyte Poster

Yeah good luck man, I'm gonna be pretty damn nervous for when I finally get a interview :(

Kraven

Certifications: Network+, MCSA, 70-680
    WIP: A+, 70-685
  10. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Well so far so good. I keep running into my future team members and everyone's friendly. Must be a good sign. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  11. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

haha i know what you mean trip, those gang style interviews can be a bit daunting, however i find its just as easy to impress all of them as it is to impress a a lone interviewer, you just need to bring the right game to the table

Good luck with the process mate, im sure you will do fine

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  12. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

It's when you are not expecting that type of interview it can be tough. I went for an interview for a Junior IT Technician job at a high school years ago and it was a panel of 6 ffs!!

Head Teacher, IT Govenor, Deputy Head, Head of ICT, Network Manager and someone else I can't remember. Way OTT though.

Didn't get the job as there were two internal candidates and it went to the person least qualified for the job who had been on long term sick leave at the school. Looked like they had to re-employ him or something. It was a right stitch up, but never mind, I only traveled 200 miles to attend that interview (was trying to re-locate at the time).

p.s GL with getting the new job Trip.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada