I got worse!

Discussion in 'Active Directory Exams' started by tripwire45, Jun 18, 2004.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Went in at 11 a.m. local time to take the test again. They set me up in a tiny room with three PCs and another test taker. Hardly enough room to swing a cat. I started the test...more nervous than the first time. I saw the first question and was completely baffled. Nevertheless, I took my best shot and clicked "Next". McAfee warning came up saying it detected a suspicious script and how did I want to proceed? Being cautious, I clicked the most restrictive response and was immediately kicked out of the test.

I called in the receptionist. She said they hadn't had a problem like this in weeks. She reinitialized the test...well...not really, it started where it left off and the clock was still ticking down. She said if McAfee's warning came up again, just click on "continue what I was doing". Oh well, I moved on. Answered question two and clicked "Next". Same warning. I clicked through and moved on. Happened each and every question. After eight of them, I'd had enough.

I went and got the gal again. She came in, reinitialized the computer...test picked up where it left off and the clock is still ticking. I'm running out of time. She sat there while I went through the next question. I accidentally bumped the monitor but not the keyboard or the mouse and the test advanced to the next question (I'm feeling really sorry for the other test taker in the room). We both monkey around with it and it finally is able to proceed without any further interference from McAfee.

I'm pretty rattled by this time. The test was a totally different creature than the one three weeks ago. Maybe two questions were the same. Not only were the questions different, but the nature of the content was different. There were terms and concepts in those questions that I'd never even seen before. I didn't have a chance.

I was guessing left and right but the upshot was, I finished ahead of time. Went back with my remaining time and went over the first questions to see if I could figure them out. I changed two before time ran out. Long story short, not only did I not pass, but I actually scored worse. I figure the first time I must have missed about two or three questions short of passing...this time I missed around five. My back is still a knot of tension and I'm really upset. I mean, I did study for this...after six weeks worth, you'd think I'd have gotten better.

I have to work the rest of the day to get my hours in...then it's off to lick my wounds. The person at the testing center I needed to talk to was out when I emerged from this latest defeat but I got her number. I'm going to see what they can do about the testing conditions. After all, it's tough enough to do this under normal circumstances...but hassling with "suspicious scripts" and having to try and answer questions while doing so adds insult to injury. Yeesh! Maybe I should have stuck to delivering mail.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. Phoenix
    Honorary Member

Phoenix 53656e696f7220 4d6f64

Sorry to hear that mate, I hope you contiune trying for it!
    I didnt get around to taking it this week as planned, my desktop still hasnt arrived and I just cant set up a decent lab environment with a laptop :)

let me know if you want a study partner :P

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, VCP
    WIP: > 0
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

How about a vulcan mind meld??? :wink:

4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Sorry to hear about the bad result Trip. You'll get it next time especially if they sort out the McAfee problem. :?

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

This was strike two, nugget. I don't know if I'm going to go for strike three. I'll think about it.

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Bummer Trip - sorry about the whole situation for you.

But you are the model of persistence - go for it again, and it shall be yours....

And for the Lord's sake - meet up with Ryan - we're all dying to hear how that one pans out :alc

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity