I am no longer associated with TechExams.co.uk

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Jun 12, 2006.

1. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Wow Freddy I can't help but feel a little sad when reading the above.

How much time did you spend on modifying TE?

Monkey

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Freddy made alot of changes but it all makes sense. Just so the record speaks for itself im not going back there. After PMing the owner a few times he just kept asking me if i wanted to leave so i think its best i did too. :(

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Freddy,

Whilst I can't speak for the other members or the staff here at CF, I can say that I personaly do not find your posts a distraction. I find them extremely interesting and well thought out. When questioned on your point of view you always respond with an equally thought out response, creating what this place is for - a very interesting topic of debate and discussion. Sometimes, yes, you are overly passionate about your subject matter, but that simply (to me) shows a commitment to what you believe in.

The threads that you don't start but contribute to also show a great understanding of IT as a whole, and not simply where your heart lies in Open Source Software.

You are an extremely helpful and valuable member to CF, and regardless of where you decide to carry on posting you will always be welcome at CF.

Good Luck ffreeloader! :thumbleft

4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

I don't know. I didn't really do very many site modifications. I just spent most of my time searching for subjects to post on, finding news bytes, trying to help him understand how a forum should be run to be successful.... I put in a lot of hours, that much I know.

And, you are right. It is sad. The site had potential.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

I thought that was my job?

Did you get your leg sorted out?

Monkey(Please stay at CF we all value your opinions)

6. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Monkey - your doing it well :biggrin

7. ffreeloader

It's improving slowly but surely. I still have to elevate it some every day, but it doesn't swell nearly as quickly or to the same extent it was.

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

You can speak for me Simon because you've put it much better than I could.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Have you been to the docs?

It sounds like it's broken, my mate fell off his motorbike, his leg hurt so much he didn't go to bed and slept on the Couch. Next day his leg was very sworlen and very painful. His girlfriend drove him down to the Doctors who told him he had broken it!

Get it checked out mate - your health is important, we don't want to lose you again!

Monkey 8)

10. ffreeloader

LOL. No, it's not broken. The cramp that hit me that morning was just so intense I think it damaged the circulation. My calf muscle stayed hard for a couple of days afterwards so it made it really difficult to push blood through the veins and back up my leg. That's why I've had to keep in elevated.

As to going to the doctor.... Well, around here they do more damage than good. I have been studying out my own health issues and treating them with nutrition and natural remedies for the last few years and my health is better now than when I quit going to the doctors.

Nutrition and natural remedies will do far more to actually heal a person than drugs will. Drugs treat symptoms, not causes, and as any good IT guy knows you treat the cause of the problem, not the symptoms it creates.... :biggrin

11. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

i usually just reboot. have you tried that? :tune

12. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Wow, Freddy's into open source health care as well!:twisted:

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Sounds like lack of salt in the body?

I used to be a runner so I know about waking up in the middle of the night with intense pain in my Calfs.

I switched to swimming and do more stretching!

Monkey 8)

14. ffreeloader

Good thing I wasn't drinking something when I read this, I would have spit it all over my keyboard and monitor from laughing so hard....

Just like you to get in a jab for MS, d-Faktor.... Only you could twist this into a chance to do that.... :twisted:

15. ffreeloader

No, it's not a lack of salt. I guarantee you that. With me I get cramps if I'm not drinking enough water, or if my back is really bothering me. I can directly tie not enough fluid intake to my cramps and in my research into cramps one of the major reasons given for having leg cramps like I get--always in the same exact place--is a pinched nerve in my back.

Doctors who have seen xrays taken of my back when I'm standing immediately ask me how long my legs have been numb. They aren't, but no one, including myself, knows why they aren't. The fifth lumbar vertebrae in my back is so twisted that the gap in the back of my spine between it and the vertebre just above it is approximately 5/16 of an inch (.8 centimeters) and the gap at the front of the same two vertebrae is about 1/32 of an inch (.1 centimeters). It is tilted so far out of plane that the top front of this vertebrae no longer lines up with the one above it. It's about 1/8 of an inch out of vertical alignment and it is twisted on two other planes also.

It is probably a miracle that I'm still walking.

16. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Witch doctor is that?

Dr Who?

Assorted other doctor jokes that I haven't thought through yet...

:rolleyes:

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  17. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

Ouch! Problems with your spine, that's major!

I guess you have been to an ortho and chiro? but what about Reki?

Anyway sorry to hear about your prob's mate I hope things get better for you soon.

Later Monkey

18. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

Not sure why I'm here, really. I had no idea about TE, but spending some time there today, and seeing you all falling out between yourselves I'm, well...

If it's all about 'we're better than you' and 'you're not as good as us' I think I may be in the wrong place.

I love what I do for a living, but you've let me down today.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  19. ffreeloader

To the ortho and the chiro, yes. What is a Reki? Must be more Brit slang.... :biggrin

20. d-Faktor
    Honorary Member

d-Faktor R.I.P - gone but never forgotten.

it's called sticking up for one of our own. it's how some poeple respond. yeah, it was a bit harsh. meh, fock it. he had it coming. and with that, i'll say no more about this subject.