I’ve started WW3 at work

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

I would have to agree :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
    drum_dude likes this.
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Well, to look at it another way, a lack of documentation + demoralised permies creates jobs, especially for us contractor filth/scum types.

Chaos = contracts :biggrin

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
    WIP: Hopefully Skype for Business and some Exchange stuff...
  3. Sparky

That did make me laugh and all true. :)

Working for a MSP I get a similar gig sometimes. Demoralised IT department calls me in to migrate their Exchange environment – I’m there for a few weeks to do the job (drink all their coffee) and then I’m away while they are still there complaining about something.

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    JK2447 and drum_dude like this.
  4. drum_dude

I had one gig where on the first day, the permies (including the Exchange guy) asked me "who are you and what are you doing here?". At 10am they were all called into a meeting and told that they were all redundant due to a "restructure"...they, including the Exchange bloke then downed tools for about 6 months...that's why I was there, to keep the Exchange side going haha. The clue for me was bumping into the "Project Manager" who took me on when I arrived at the building, he was outside having a smoke. He said to me "by the way, I'm known as the Prince of Darkness or the "Hatchet Man""...I was like WTF? A few hours later and it dawned on me what he meant lolz

Certifications: MCP, MCSA 2000 , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS, MCITP Lync 2010 & MCSA 2008, Sonus SATP SBC 1k/2k
  5. Nyx

Nyx Byte Poster

In case you and few other "key" people leave, what kind of opinion you will get for doing so? Management and people who will replace you will definitely remember that. If things go really bad they will have to get skilled people, pay them more, and in everyone's eyes that spend will be justified as they'll do a proper job? That's digging a hole imho.

Being lied to or underpaid are good reasons to kick a fuss, doing a bad job generally won't get you rewarded for.

Sparky likes this.
  6. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

Sorry lads but I have good news, we all got our payrises + benefits. Sometimes sitting back being a bot or simply running away isn’t needed..

drum_dude likes this.
  7. drum_dude

Sorry Juelz, but I think you should quit IT and become a Union Rep/Leader :thumbleft

8. nisseki

nisseki Byte Poster

That's great news.

If you don't ask, you don't get haha.

dmarsh likes this.
  9. JK2447

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Excellent news well done. Power to the people!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  10. Sparky

Good news - now get that documentation sorted. :)