How's everyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Theprof, May 21, 2008.

1. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello everyone!

Lately I've just been busy with work and other personal stuff. I know my life at the moment is pretty busy and I guess I like it that way because I always have something to do.

At work I have to big projects (at least for me :rolleyes:) coming up. Those are: Upgrading our current McAfee EPO 3.6.1 to 4.0 and making sure the upgrade goes smooth and that everything is working. I hope I don't run into major obstacles:rolleyes:. The second project at work is I have to setup an application, which I kind of forgot the name, but it's for monitoring servers. Basically it reports back with information regarding the errors the servers encounter like missing drivers, low hard drive space, application issues, etc. plus other stats and from what I've heard in the past it's a not so much complicated task but rather tricky. (At least that's what I've been told by the senior guy who set it up last time.) This is a new version and he is trusting me with it.

On personal side, aside from chillin with the guys, with my girl and family. Going to the gym and school part time no big projects coming up, not for now at least, my life is busy and hectic as it is, I don't want to start losing my hair at 21:D.

Anyways enough with me, how's everyone else doing? anything new happening lately?

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  2. Eggbert

Eggbert Bit Poster

I'm reading the MM Network+ book (in between playing the wii fit :twisted:)

Certifications: A+ Network+
    WIP: Diablo II
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Married off one of my sons over the weekend. Last of the guests (my parents) left yesterday morning. Went back to the day job plus had a few other jobs I can do at home come my way last week (I'll explain more about those when I can). Desperate to get back to the gym after all the celebrating last week. High temps dropped about 30 degrees in the last 72 hours, so it feels like spring again. Looking around at the backlog of book reviews I've got on hand.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. demarrer

demarrer Byte Poster

I'm feeling a bit miffed as not getting very far with finding a job (although my cv seems to be working a treat as I'm getting lots of interest).

I hate to rely on agencies, and so I am getting really frustrated with what is becoming the usual , " we have this job for you - we will submit your cv as we are impressed with your application and experience - we are putting you forward for the position" then just leave me dangling without a simple yes or no. - so at the moment I have 3 or four opportunities starting next week, but am I none wiser about actually getting one of the positions - who knows.

I will keep applying for other things too me thinks.!!8)

Apart from that its really sunny here!

Certifications: A+, Security +, CCNA, CCSA
    WIP: music, (dreaming of) CCIE Security :D
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Karen and the kids are leaving for two weeks to spend time with Traci (Karen's best friend who lost her 15-year-old son) in New Mexico. Traci's staying over tonight (she flew in this week) and they'll be driving out tomorrow. Pray for their safety... and my sanity - I'll miss them terribly.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. sunn

sunn Gigabyte Poster

Going on a mini-vacation (US long weekend) with the family (includes immediate family + parents) this weekend to Dayton Ohio. My cousins have been trying to get me to come out for years to visit - this time I actually said 'yes'.

What was I thinking? :rolleyes:
    This isn't a vacation it's a nightmarish roadtrip. :eek:
    Should be fun... :dry

EDIT: I'm also headed to the Toronto Cisco Network Solutions Forum 2008.
    I went to the real show (Anaheim) last year, so this is as close as I'm getting this year