Howdy (small, stupid question)

Discussion in 'General CompTIA Certifications' started by kai, May 8, 2010.

1. kai

kai Bit Poster

Hello.

I am a 23 year old deli worker with a passion for PC's. I started a online network+ a month ago and im actually learning and taking it in. Numbers are not my strong point, so I always figured id fail pretty badly at networking but im getting the hang of it.

My question is a silly one. I was wondering if there was a chatroom related to networking or comptia. I have no hands on experience or know anyone else who is envoled in a network role. If i could find an enviroment where networking would be the subject of convosation then im sure I would pick up much much more in casual convosation then I would from online courses and books.

Kai.

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome

I was always bad at maths so thought I'd fail at networking and IT in general too.

I am not aware of any chatrooms but why not start threads on here if there is something that grabs your interest and people can respond.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF. As GBL said, a good way to have a discussion about networking is to start one. It's also worth investing some time into reading through old topics in the forums as there will have been plenty of networking issues talked about in the past.

The more you read, and the more you experiment the more you will pick up.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada