Howdy from an American in Sweden!

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by carolinaviking, Jul 15, 2005.

1. carolinaviking

carolinaviking Bit Poster

Just found your board yestiddy and thought I'd hop on board! It seems that most of the people here are located in Great Britain, is that right? I'm from North Carolina, in the States, but am currently living in Sweden in a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere. I moved here with my wife and young son to live on my wife's farm, but we ended up buying a house in town, instead. Alas, I have been unable to find work for the past year and a half, so I have decided to ramp up my studies in order to get a couple more certifications to make myself more marketable. I have my CCNA, MCSA 2000, A+, Net+, and Server+. I am hoping to get my Master level MOS 2003 within the next two to four weeks, after which I will begin prepping for MCSA Server 03 upgrade exam. Thus, I will be checking your MOS boards now and then and later on your MCSA 03 boards.

I'm a mountain biker and backpacker, but I love all sorts of movies, TV shows, and books, too. I'm hoping to get some of my children's stories published someday. If luck goes my way, I will be able to parlay my incredible skills in Freecell and MSN Bankshot Billiards into a lucrative career.

CV

2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, carolinaviking. Welcome to CertForums. We are a UK based forum so the majority of members hail from there. I'm a yank like yourself and living in Idaho. We have a few other folks around here from the US and a smattering from just about everywhere else in the world.

Glad you found us here. Hope we can help you out in your pursuits.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Welcome to the forums :biggrin

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi carolinaviking - welcome along. Hope we can help, and feel free to pitch in with answers to anyone else's queries while you're at it :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings carolinaviking :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. KeithNN

KeithNN Byte Poster

Hi, CV. Welcome aboard and good luck with the MOS (I only need one more... must get back to finish that one day!) and your MCSA upgrade! Look forward to seeing your announcement really soon...

Certifications: MCSA/MCSE, MCDST, MOS Mstr, Sec+,Net+,A+
    WIP: 70-284
  7. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to CF.
    Good luck with your career and future certs. :thumbleft

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum mate.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685