How would you deal with this...

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by toiling, May 1, 2009.

1. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

The only man to pull off a muzzy! Boss!

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  2. Daniel

Daniel Byte Poster

Hahahahahahahaha :biggrin

Muzzy, I'm stealing that word :biggrin

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: None, but learning SEO/SEM
  3. toiling

toiling New Member

update:

I just spoke with one of the directors, who my boss directly reports to.

Asked him whether he had asked him ever to monitor users email, i knew this wasn't the case, but thought it the best way to bring up the subject. Told him basically how it is he does it, with regards the journaling account.

He is going to speak with the compliance officer incase he has asked him to monitor, also very much doubt this is the case. told to just sit tight in the meantime and not do anything else.

He said it was the right thing to do in alerting him and they will figure out a way of keeping me "out the ****"

massive weight off my shoulders.

Does anyone know the legalities of admin reading work emails? i'd imagine it is acceptable, but only with due cause?

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Glad you're getting it sorted.

Data Protection etc would cover it plus company's own internal manuals/guidance. As you say, depends whether ot not it was "authorised".

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

general policy here is that a users permission to access the mailbox is required (implicit or otherwise - ie logging a call about email issues constitutes permission). Otherwise it requires authority from HR.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present