How to see list of certificates based on MCP ID?

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by ph0enix, Aug 23, 2016.

1. ph0enix

ph0enix New Member

Hello,

I have passed my first microsoft exam around 2000 and got MCP ID accordingly. Then I passed a couple more exams in the following years.

I wonder how can I see the list of certifications based on my MCP ID. Is there a way to associate my MCP ID to my microsoft account? (I probably did it before but I can't find any traces of MCP ID or certifications I took in my microsoft account)

Thanks!

2. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Log in to mcp.microsoft.com, make sure you're on the "Your benefits and exams" then click your transcript.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  3. ph0enix

ph0enix New Member

Thanks, I had to search page for "transcript" word and it was found in bottom right corner under "Popular resources/Check your transcript", then I was able to access my transcript.

If I understand correctly MCP ID is now defunct and there is "Microsoft Certification ID" instead, which is not equal to MCP ID?

I wonder if I can change first/last names associated with my MCP Profile?

4. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Surely your first and last names shouldn't be changing (ok, I understand that the last name may do so but not your first name), however you can change / edit your profile from that page.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  5. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Oh and the MC ID is the same as the old MCP ID.

6. ph0enix

ph0enix New Member

First name changed also (don't ask). Actually only spelling changed, so nothing extraordinary. I would like to change the name that shows on my transcript report. For that I have changed name in microsoft account and in Certification Marketplace (I got there by link "Create and manage your profile"). The problem is that Certification Marketplace allows only Display Name change. I can't see how account name can be changed. There seems to be two accounts running in parallel which supply data to transcript - microsoft account and Certification Marketplace account. This is confusing as hell.

7. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Raise a ticket with the testing provider (Pearson or Prometric, I can't remember who) and they should be able to help.

You may well have to provide a load of documentation tho.

8. ph0enix

ph0enix New Member

Yes, seems like tech support is the only option here.