How to prepare for certification MCSA?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by Suchi, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Suchi

Suchi New Member

Hello friends,
    I have taken up MCSA ,not yet selected elective.
    Can you guys suggestme how to prepare for this exam?
    #####I mean do we only study the course material on microsft site or do we need something to be refered from outside books?
    Can i cover up 4 papers in 1 month?

How do I know that after studying the course material,I am prepared to give the exams?

Where do i get the mock exam papers from?

I appreciate any advice given.
    Thankyou

2. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

wrong forum should be client exams or general

You should really look at the MCDST first. (Even better the Comptia A+ and N+ before the MCDST)

4 exams in 1 month not realistic at all!!!!

1 a month is do'able if you have experience, average seems to be about 3-4 months per exam for most.

You shouldn't be looking at a MCSA unless you have at least 18 months working with 2k3 in a domain environment with a good number of clients. To be honest if you don't have the experience you not going to get far career wise in IT.

Study can be done with the aid of books, namely MS press some people also like sybex and cram session.
    (I personally use two for every exam)

to test your self most books have questions and software, however, transcender practice exams stand out.
    also take a look at certguard.com for some useful information regarding practice exams and training materials

also the exam objectives are available at microsoft.com links in the forums

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
    Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  3. Sunshine

Sunshine Bit Poster

I agree with you