how to pass 640-801? please help

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by cutequencher, Nov 15, 2007.

1. flopstocks

flopstocks Nibble Poster

This PDF explains it

http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/netacad/downloads/pdf/CCNAv3.1EOLppt.pdf

I failed with a score of 783 in November :(

Got to get around to taking it again

Certifications: A+, Network+, CCNA, BSc(Hons) Open
  2. czeslaw

czeslaw New Member

hey

then I have a question:-)

What should do a person with out any experience??

Are you saying that having CCNA is worse then don't have it at all??

I am not trying to be smart hear:-) just simple question.

lukasz;

3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Without experience, having the CCNA can sometimes be worse than not having it at all. It all depends on the employer's perspective of your certification. Some employers will think a CCNA without experience is just fine, and will hire them without problem. Others will think that it's a worthless certification without the experience, but it won't affect your employment chances. Yet others will think that overcertification makes you "too expensive" or a "flight risk". Opinions vary.

What should a person do without experience? Start at the bottom with an entry-level job, and start gaining experience. In time, they will be allowed to work with Cisco gear... probably not in their first job... but perhaps in their second or third or fourth job.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!