how to get valuable points and premium and other memberships in this forum ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by kobem, Dec 14, 2007.

1. kobem

kobem Megabyte Poster

question is clear though it is long

Certifications: CCNA
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

You get rep from being a productive and helpful member of this forum, people will give you rep when you help them with their problems, or give them good advice.

You can be a premium member by purchasing it. Its a yearly subscription Here. This was really easy to find mate, simply by searching the forum. Being a mod/admin/honorary member/news poster/etc are all things that are bestowed upon productive members at the discretion of the admins.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

If you give advice to someone and they find the information helpful and would like to acknowledge your advice then they can click on the icon at the top of the advisors post which will give them reputation points.

The points you give depend on how much power you have so for example I have 39 power that means if I give someone rep I give them 39 points.

To be a premium member you pay money to the owners of this site, you get some perks too. I will be a premium member when I have more money to spare.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

I don't know exactly what you are expecting here, kobem. There are no tangible "rewards" for rep point such as prizes. They are there just to let other know that you've been recognized as a helpful person on the forum. As Fergal said, you purchase a premium membership as a way of contributing to CF since it actually costs money to have the site hosted and such.

Certifications: A+ and Network+