How often does Cisco change its exam or is this classified info?

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by sendalot, Feb 4, 2013.

1. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

How often does Cisco change its exam or is this classified info?

As in, I assume that whenever Cisco changes its bank of exam questions, other authors would update their publishing as well?

Do these exams stay consistent for at least a few years?

Thanks.

Certifications: Many
  2. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

It's best to look at the exam blueprints to get the most recent topics. I think they have a version number too.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  3. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

In my opinion, based on the past, I would say that the CCNA is probably due a revamp in the next 12 months, they will probably remove Frame Relay and shove in MPLS and more DSL config's.

Another thing they may do is put more in regarding CBAC since only a monkey would ever use Raw ACL's to protect their IOS device.

Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree
  4. sendalot

sendalot Nibble Poster

Where can I see these version numbers and when they changed?
    Thanks.

Certifications: Many
  5. Simonvm

Simonvm Kilobyte Poster

Do you think they'll do an update on CCNP soon? Thinking of doing the ROUTE in about two months, SWITCH should take me 3 months and TSHOOT less.

Certifications: MCITP: EST, MCDST, MCTS, A+, N+, CCNP, CCNA Wireless
  6. cisco lab rat

cisco lab rat Megabyte Poster

I doubt that the CCNP ROUTE will be updated anytime soon, if Cisco do decide to update it you will have a period of grace before they would pull the exam.
    I have seen the ROUTE go through many incarnations but the back bone ie ospf, eigrp, bgp, route filtering etc have remained pretty much the same.

I have the same concerns regarding the CCIE lab but ultimately what are they going to replace the RS with? just another pile of rubbish of course.

And by the way the SWITCH will no way take you 3 months, 6 weeks at the most for you sir.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
    Certifications: Yes I pretty much am!!
    WIP: Fizzicks Degree