How much would you want to pay for test prep software?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by ericrollo, Jun 13, 2009.

?

How much would you want to pay for testing software?

1. Illegally download for free?

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  2. £25 - £30

11 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. £30 - £50

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. £50 - £100

5 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. £100+

2 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Those options are already available, should a university/college choose to buy them from us. Same thing holds true for classroom training providers: they purchase from us at a bulk rate and provide the license keys to their students.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  2. m3lt

m3lt Byte Poster

This is why this matter is so delicate and hard to come to any feasible solution to both parties.

But, what was mentioned earlier that a very good chunk of learning materials are already available online, legitimately and for free, holds very true!

Google is your friend, and when you dont have google, forums like this (even though I dont know any like this one :p) are a big help as well.

So in reality, if you are on JSA/Unemployed you can still swim against the current just like a salmon. lol :twisted:

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST/MCSE
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I never realised this but have never seen it in the UK. Maybe the Universities and college should make it known or publicise it better.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. BosonMichael

They don't make it known or publicise it better because the overwhelming majority of universities and colleges simply don't buy practice exams for their students. But they can. All they have to do is contact us.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Personally, I'd wait till preplogic and doing a sale and buy it for less than £25 pound, think they're big business and over priced:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  6. neutralhills

neutralhills Kilobyte Poster

Having once been involved with PL as a rather unfortunate matter of employment (it's what Cramsession morphed into back when I still worked there), I would advise running away from their offerings as far and as fast as you can.

I no longer drink the exam sim Kool Aid, but if I did, I would spend my money on Boson training prep materials. I know for a fact that they hire based on ability, experience, and integrity. You'll see those values reflected in their products.

Certifications: Lots.
    WIP: Upgrading MS certs
  7. BosonMichael

That whole drama probably deserves a retelling every couple years for the newer members. It's a shame what they did to the Edmonton staff... buncha good people there.

Thanks, Q... I appreciate your kind words. :thumbleft