How much revision is needed for 70-271

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by bellamy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. bellamy

bellamy New Member

Ive have done the Microsoft Training courses and i have just purchased the sybex book. ive been doing helpdesk support for over a year now. how long would you recommend i spend studying for the exam as i have the vouchers but not quite sure when to book the exam.

Many Thanks

Ashley:D

2. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Everyone is different mate, theres no set rule for how long it should take to study. Best thing to do is read the book and do some practice tests to see if you are ready.

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  3. dales

dales Terabyte Poster

Hi As Raffaz has said everyone has different styles and speeds of learning, What you would proberbly be best off doing is taking a practice test then examining the scores and brush up on the lowest scoring targets. Book your exam for a month or two ahead depending on how much studying you think you need to do (you dont know how much a looming exam focuses the mind). Remeber also that absolutly no one feels "ready" for the exam, you've just got to get to a point where you think you can have a good stab at it and go for it.

Certifications: vExpert 2014+2015+2016,VCP-DT,CCE-V, CCE-AD, CCP-AD, CCEE, CCAA XenApp, CCA Netscaler, XenApp 6.5, XenDesktop 5 & Xenserver 6,VCP3+5,VTSP,MCSA MCDST MCP A+ ITIL F
    WIP: Nothing
  4. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Dpends on the study time available, noting that 20 hours per week, every week, for as long as it takes would be ideal if you can do it...

Then study up and test lab the lab exercises to the max.

Next take any decent exam prep questions you have and ensure you understand the test questions.

Focus on your weaker areas, and after say another 6 weeks give it a go.

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff