How much do you earn per year?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Juelz, Sep 15, 2016.

?

How much do you earn

Poll closed Sep 24, 2016.
  1. 10 - 20k

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 20 - 30k

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. 30 - 40k

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. 50 - 75k

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  5. 75 - 100k

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 100k +

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  7. 40 - 50k

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Waqas Ahmed

Waqas Ahmed Nibble Poster

I rejected it because it's darn sarth

Certifications: CCNA R&S
    WIP: CCNA ???
  2. Rob1234

Rob1234 Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Without knowing the location, sector of IT, temp\contract etc. and industry it is very difficult to gauge if someone is earning good money two people could do the same role one in a cheaper part of the country, for a small firm permanent the other expensive part of the country for a large financial organisation on a short term contract could potentially be earning double or triple the pay for a very similar job.

Certifications: A few.
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

I appreciate your honesty mate, you're always honest, its a great trait to have. I used to be in this for the love of IT, and I do still love it and do nerdy things in my own time for fun or learning purposes, but the older I get, the more I just want a family holiday with the kids and things like this. I don't need much myself although I do like the odd toy, latest being a Reebok Treadmill which I highly recommend btw if you work from home and don't like street running so much. In my experience, my love for IT has brought the money as a byproduct of me working hard and always trying to stand out from the plodders in any role I've had, volunteering, sticking my neck out a bit. That said now I'm at a level I'm happy with, I've become more aware of the money side of it because I have a few personal goals in life that require it, so my focus is changing a little. I'm 37, if that's anything to go by but I'd say only since the past few months have I started thinking about what moves could get me more dosh. Hope that makes some kind of sense, only half way through my first coffee of the day, it will not be my last

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
    dmarsh and Jaron78 like this.
  4. Waqas Ahmed

I really like IT, but tbh I like money more. Money is a huge motivator for me as well.

5. Waqas Ahmed

This is exactly it. 30K darn sarth is not 30K up north.