How long will it take to get my A+ certification if i'm just a basic computer user?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by samuraicd, Mar 22, 2015.

1. samuraicd

samuraicd New Member

20 years old. CIS Major but befor that i want to get jobs with computer, and one of my friend told me, i should take the exam.
    if anyone got there A+ card. where do i start and how long do i need to learn. Cause i want to get my certification before summer break which is June.

Also the thing right now i'm in a applied math major right now and going to change it to CSI Major in the fall and to get internship i need to finish my csi course which i didn't start but since i have a liberal arts associates i don't need to take almost half of Liberal CSI Major requirement . that's why before i switch my major i want to get multiple computer type certification that will look good on my resume and work in computer retail type of job for my part time until i get a csi degree and work for my major.Cause Right now its hard to get a job in NYC, with no type of skill. and i need money to pay my classes, don't want my parents to rely on me.

I'm Planing to get A+,Network+ And Mobile+

2. Juelz

Juelz Gigabyte Poster

I'm guessing CSI means computer science and not the popular TV series..? lol anyway I'm not to knowledgeable about the American IT industry but from what I've read/head A+ is well recognised in America alot more so than the UK.. I've even had people tell me not to do it as its more of an American thing, whether they are correct or not is unknown to me. I've also heard that its the basic cert to have over there if you want a support type job, so yes indeed go for it but it may not land you and job if that's why you're doing it. How long it will take you depends on you, and how much time/effort you are willing to put in. I'm going for this cert soon and I have no shame in telling you I'm enrolling on a course which will take 6 months to get A+ certified as I feel thats how long it will take me, I've heard of newbies clearing the A+ in a month.. it all depends on you.

Good luck!

3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

So the thing is this, how long it takes to pass any exam is only going to depend on you, the person taking the exam.

If you have the brain to take on the information and can remember it then it's not going to take you long, if however you can't remember anything and need help tying your shoelaces then you're looking at between here and never (extremes I know).

What I am trying to say is that it's always going to be subjective and based on the abilities of the test taker, as an example I have taken exams that I was in and out in under 30 minutes but it was scheduled for 2 hours, yet I still passed with flying colours, the reason? because it's my bread and butter, others on the class took the full time and still failed.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA