how long to finish??

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by jonlad1, Jun 8, 2007.

1. jonlad1

jonlad1 New Member

Hi there!

I have finished reading 290 and want to take the exam at the end of July. i revise for 2-3 hours a night and all day sat and sunday.

Is this realistic?

Also after that i want to have 291 done by december, with the same study time as above.

To the people who have passed these, am i having a laugh or is it doable?

thanks!

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Hi and welcome!

It all depends on your experience. 290 i think will be doable end of july but again it depends on your knowledge before and how much time you devote to studying. 291 might take a little longer - its a very tough exam infact it took me 9 months of studying before i took my exam. If you devote time to your studies i think by the end of the year you can have both exams.

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. jonlad1

jonlad1 New Member

thanks!

been using server 2003 for about 2 years everyday at work. like i say, 2-3 hours and night and all day at weekend. will be doing it full time in december for 291

4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

My own personal opinion, very very very do-able.

You sound like you have experience already, and with a study plan like that, the cert world is your oyster.

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  5. supag33k

supag33k Kilobyte Poster

Providing you have adequate study resources like books and testing software, and especially the home lab, you should get through in a handy enough manner.

btw - splitting study time across lunch breaks also helps!

Certifications: MCSE (NT4/2000/2003/Messaging), MCDBA
    WIP: CCNA, MCTS SQL, Exchange & Security stuff