how long did it take you to learn to N+?

Discussion in 'Network+' started by Mariusz, Oct 20, 2010.

1. Mariusz

Mariusz Byte Poster

how long did it take you to learn to N+? and did you have previous experience?
    I was reading AIO since June (quite slow and lazy :)) and still feel like don't know anything, when I read it took some1 3 weeks I am amazed :)

Certifications: ECDL Extra, ITQ Lvl2, CompTIA A+, N+, S+
    WIP: MCTS 70-680 Win7
  2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Can't remember exactly as I did my Network+ back in 2004, but pretty sure it was less than a month (added to that I was already working in IT).

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Ive been revising for it since June, I roughly revise for 30-45 mins, 5 times a week (Dinner break). It all boils down to your level of experience with networks before hand - like me, i have only ever setup my home router or revised the necessary evils to pass for the A+ - ultimately meaning although i work in an IT environment it will take me longer than someone who on a daily basis works with networking issues. Take your time, don't worry about how long its taking you because you will start to rush through the course instead of taking it easy and making sure you digest every bit of information.

I know of someone who was working as an IT tech in a school for a couple of years how did a crash course for the N+ - think it was a week or 2 weeks fulltime tutor led training and he passed with flying colours. Unfortunately i dont have the funds or the time for that :P...

Just work out a method that works well for you and don't worry about a time scale (Unless your working towards a target time scale for work or whatever)

J

Certifications: A+, N+
  4. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

I tried this exam quite late in my life (last year). I previously had quite a lot of experience from my previous studies and experience. So after having read the book (took about 5 days), I gave the exam a shot and passed with flying colors.

YMMV however as everybody is different and there's probably some people out there who could pass the exam with zero study altogether. In my case, I was probably very close to the passing mark with no study altogether, but the book coined some terms which I wasn't entirely sure of that definitely helped me answer the remaining 20-25% of the questions with ease (which otherwise I would have been left guessing).

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM