How long before I hear back after Interview?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by ukspeedster, Nov 13, 2006.

1. ukspeedster

ukspeedster Nibble Poster

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

I start on Monday 27th November.
    What kind of average starting sallary did all you guys start off on, when you first got into IT?

I think mine is pretty good for what ill be doing.

Thanks

Certifications: BSc(Hons), ITIL, MCP
    WIP: MCSA 2003, CCNA
  2. shadybrady

shadybrady Bit Poster

I suppose it will be varying based on inflation over the years and location / cost of living etc.

I started on my first proper IT job about 7 years ago as previously I had worked in recruitment - I had about 4/5 years home experience of building & fixing pcs as well as some web design skills.

The first job was doing a bit of web design / programming and I started on about 11/12k which was a bit of a downer as I had turned down an office junior job 6 months earlier which had offered 13k!! :silly

However the boss was a to55er and I lasted about 12 months, this was followed by a 6 month stint programming which taught me that I wasn't destined to be a programmer !!! :scratch

I then got into the job I have been in for about 5 years and I started on 18k, mainly as I turned their job offer down as I was waiting another job interview result. The 2nd job cam back no and I then phoned up the 1st job to be told it had been offered elsewhere !!!??? D'OH... :eek:

However it turned out for the best as the guy rang me back a few days later to offer me the job at 18k :deal so I was quite chuffed.

I did think I knew alot before this job but compared to what I know now it was nothing, my skills have increased dramatically and i am finally getting on the Microsoft learning band wagon. :study

All the best for the new job... :thumbleft

Shady

Certifications: BSc. Hons, MCP 70-210
    WIP: CCENT, CCNA, MCTS / MCITP