How in-depth do I need to go to pass exam?

Discussion in 'MCAD / MCSD / MCPD' started by gnomeslayer, Apr 30, 2007.

1. gnomeslayer

gnomeslayer New Member

Hi all, I'm currently studying for 70-316 which will be my first MS certification. I have been using the Kalani book almost entirely but have recently seen a video based training package. Whilst it appears good in itself, it does not appear to go into anything like the detail that the Kalani book does. Of course, ultimately too much knowledge can't be a bad thing, but I am now unsure just how deep into it I need to go in my prep for the exam.

Thanks for any advice.

2. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF. No video goes into dept like a book for any certs. Concentrate on the book and carry out the practices if there is any and then get a test prep like MeasureUp or Transcender. Best wishes on your studies.

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  3. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Actually rarely does one source of study material cover everything you need to know to pass the related exam - therefore it is wise to use two or more books and other things to add to the knowledge such as the training videos you mention - these videos are more of a hands on lab walk through, rather than a compilation of technical knowledge covering the underpinning theory.

And as mentioned above, once you feel you might be ready, use a test prep piece of software such as Transcender to establish whether you are really ready and if not, they will highlight any weak areas you may have which requires further attention.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)