How hard is it now to find a job in London?

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by Tech, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Tech

Tech New Member

Hello,
    I am considering my chances to find a job in London. Maybe few words about me and my experience.

I am going to move to London right after BSc graduation (in 3-4 months). I am already accepted to MSc in Information Security Royal Holloway. I have 1 year experience as an infrastructure administrator. My duties are configuring and administrating of Linux, Unix and MS Windows Servers machines including building HA clusters. In addition some network configuration as needed. I have quite good knowledge of Solaris 10 and pen testing.

Ok now my question is:
    How hard is it to find a full time job in London during this hard economic time and with my experience. My priority is to work in security field but networking/administrating are also under consideration.

Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Certifications: CCNA
    WIP: SCSA
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

I think you'll find if you search on any of the major jobsites there are still plenty of positions being offered at the moment. Salary seems to vary a lot as does the required skillset. Given the current economic state, who can say what it will be llike in the future.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

There's plenty of jobs but also plenty of applicants, so apply for as many as you can and the likelihood is you'll find one. I've also noticed alot more jobs are now temp to perm as opposed to just perm

GRim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640